RUGGED MOBILE COMPUTING SOLUTIONS FOR:
Integration of computing power into areas of a corporation or organization deemed a hazardous location (HazLoc) is becoming commonplace but requires specially certified and tested devices. Flammable gases, flammable liquid–produced vapors, combustible liquid–produced vapors, combustible dust, or ignitable fibers/filings present in the air are all elements, at sufficient quantity, that can ignite. Electrical equipment that must be installed in such classified locations must be specially designed and tested to ensure it does not initiate an explosion.
Class I, Division I Parameters:
(1) Ignitable concentrations of flammable gases or vapors may exist under normal operating conditions; or
(2) Ignitable concentrations of such gases or vapors may exist frequently because of repair or maintenance operations or because of leakage; or
(3) Breakdown or faulty operation of equipment or processes might release ignitable concentrations of flammable gases or vapors, and might also cause simultaneous failure of electric equipment
Class I, Division II Parameters:
(1) Volatile flammable liquids or flammable gases are handled, processed or used, but the hazardous liquids, vapors or gases will normally be confined within closed containers or closed systems from which they can escape only in the event of accidental rupture or breakdown of such containers or systems, or as a result of abnormal operation of equipment; or
(2) Ignitable concentrations of gases or vapors are normally prevented by positive mechanical ventilation, and which might become hazardous through failure or abnormal operations of the ventilating equipment; or
(3) Adjacent to a Class I, Division I location, and to which ignitable concentrations of gases or vapors might occasionally be communicated unless such communication is prevented by adequate positive-pressure ventilation from a source of clean air, and effective safeguards against ventilation failure are provided
Contact an Expert
To determine the best product for your business or request a demo.
Glacier represents several rugged tablet computers and rugged laptops that meet Class I, Division I/II requirements. These Class I Division I and II industrial computers and tablets are all tested to ANSI and ATEX standards that assure safe operation within a customer’s unique volatile environment.
The Class I Division I, ATEX certified Aegex10 features a 10.1” display, Windows IOT, Wifi and 4G LTE capacitive touch, and multiple accessories. This Class I Div I tablet is built to perform in the most hazardous areas and explosive environments.
The Getac EX80 is an 8” fully rugged Zone 0 Class I Division I tablet running Windows 10 Pro and features a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty designed for intrinsically safe and potentially explosive areas where gases or vapors are always present.
For Class 1 Division 2 areas. hazardous area tablet options also include the ultra-rugged Zebra L10 and fully-rugged Bartec Agile NI. and the MobileDemand T1680. All support Windows OS and include three-year standard warranties or bumper to bumper warranties. The Getac F110 hazardous area tablet offers a large 11.6” display along with countless accessories. For a more mobile, lightweight solution, the Getac T800 has an 8.1” display and weighs only 1.94 lbs.
For uses in need of a fully-rugged, ANSI certified laptop, the Getac X500 and B360 are among the best in the industry. Both are available with Intel i7 processors, high brightness (measured in NITS) displays, three and five-year bumper-to-bumper standard warranties, and many more options. Finally, the Getac V110 is the world’s leading ANSI rated 2 in 1 convertible laptop.